Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Failure
Failure is such an ugly word, and experiencing it can stop you in your tracks. The last time I wrote here, I thought I had found the answer to all my fitness woes. The fact is in the last two and half month I gained back 9 of the 20 something pounds I managed to lose. It's really embarrassing and disheartening. Life happened. I lost one of my dearest friends, I took over a business, and I began planning a 5k in memory of Hannah. When I am overwhelmed the person that gets neglected most is me. Somehow I have got to stop neglecting myself in the face of stress and use it as a trigger to really focus on self care. I've learned a lot about fitness, but there is so much more I need to learn. My prayer today is that God will put me in a place and surround me with the people that can teach me and encourage me to stay on this journey. I believe he has already and will only add to that support system. It's just time for me to dig deep, search myself, and discover something that will work for me. I do not want to keep living like this. Hannah's gone, but I'm still here for a reason. Giving up isn't an option. Prayers appreciated as I try to figure out the best path to take on this journey. Sorry to anyone I have disappointed. This is only a setback. I will stay on this journey until I reach my goal of fitness. That I can promise. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment